Career Opportunity: Civil Engineering Technician (Belfast Office)
OCSC Company Profile
O’Connor Sutton Cronin Consulting Engineers (OCSC) are currently working on a wide range of civil projects including residential, education, retail, hotels, commercial, student accommodation, residential care, public realm, utility projects and many more. We continuously support our engineers and technicians to develop their expertise in this field of engineering. We are currently seeking to recruit a Civil Engineering Technician to join our team in our Belfast Office.
The role of the appointed candidate in a supporting role to the Senior Civil Engineer. You will join the team in the office but site visits and attendance to meetings will be part of the day to day work. The duties will include but not be limited to the following:-
- Use of design analysis packages such as Windes Micro-drainage and Civils 3D.
- Use of drafting packages such as Autocad and Infraworks.
- Complete drainage and road designs for projects as noted above.
- Complete cut and fill analysis in 3D.
- Respond to queries from the client, design team and contractors.
- Support the Senior Civil/Structural Engineers in day to day activities.
- Minimum 3 years suitable experience preferably in a design office using the software noted above or similar.
- Must have a good knowledge and awareness of H&S legislation and regulations.
- Preferably hold a current CSR Card.
- Have excellent communication skills (both written & verbal), Team working skills and Technical skills
- Ability to define potential problem issues, collect data, establish and report on facts, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations
- IT Skills and familiarity with relevant computer applications
Most of all, the successful candidate will have a passion for the work that we do and a proven ability to work in a team to achieve outstanding results
Interested applicants should e-mail their CV to email@example.com