Career Opportunity: Civil/Structural Resident Engineer
CIVIL / STRUCTURAL RESIDENT ENGINEER
OCSC Company Profile
O’Connor Sutton Cronin Consulting Engineers (OCSC) are currently working on a wide range of projects including healthcare, education, retail, hotels, residential, student accommodation, residential care, public entertainment, utility projects, civil projects and many more. We continuously support our engineers to develop their expertise in this field of engineering. We are currently seeking to recruit a Civil/Structural Resident Engineer (RE) to join our team for a project of significant National importance located within the Dublin city area.
The role of the appointed candidate in a supporting role to the Senior Civil Structural Resident Engineer. You will join a site-based Team of Resident Architects, Engineers and other construction professionals to supervise the construction of a large National Infrastructure Development expected to last for 3 to 4 years on site. The role shall include:
- Supervision and associated administration of all Civil/Structural related construction works on site
- Supervising the carrying out of all C/S works requirements and instructions from the Employers Representative(ER), Design Team and Client.
- Monitor and Report on works being carried out to the Employer’s Requirements and ensure that the ER and Client are fully informed of all issues arising on site.
- Assist the Employer’s Representative in Technical and Contractual matters.
- Prepare regular site reports in conjunction with other site Resident Staff on the progress of works on-site with regard to Quality and Programme
- Monitor the Contractor’s works for compliance with the Safety Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.
- Review of Method Statements and Contractor’s Engineering works proposals to ensure compliance with the Works Requirements.
- Keep and maintain comprehensive records of work in progress and report on same
- Minimum 5 years post-qualified (reaching CEng status) suitable experience on site, supervising large Capital Works projects, primarily building related.
- Supervision of a development in a restricted city centre location with large basement excavation
- Understanding of Geotechnics and Structure interaction for a deep basement
- Recent experience in large concrete pours
- Experience in Buildings of a Healthcare nature will be an advantage
- Awareness of achieving building of the Highest possible quality
- Experience in assisting in administering contracts using the Public Works form of contracts
- Support the Senior Civil/Structural Resident Engineer in day to day activities on site
- Must be a Chartered Engineer (or close to reaching CEng) with an Honours Degree (Level 8) or equivalent qualification in Engineering.
- Must have a good knowledge and awareness of H&S legislation and regulations
- Have completed and hold current Safe Pass and other relevant Safety in Construction qualifications
- Have excellent communication skills (both written & verbal), Team working skills and Technical skills
- Ability to define potential problem issues, collect data, establish and report on facts, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations
- IT Skills and familiarity with relevant computer applications
Most of all, the successful candidate will have a passion for the work that we do and a proven ability to work in a team to achieve outstanding results
Interested applicants should e-mail their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org