Career Opportunity: Intermediate Building Services Engineer
OCSC M&E work on a wide range of projects including healthcare, education, retail, hotels, residential, student accommodation, residential care, public entertainment, utility projects, civil projects and many more. We also have a strong sustainability section within the group. We continuously support our engineers to develop their expertise in this field of engineering.
Description of Role
OCSC M&E has exciting opportunities for Intermediate Building Services Engineer in Dublin. The position of Intermediate Building Services Engineer would suit a motivated, practical and adaptable individual who has the ambition to work in a progressive and innovative design consultancy. The post holder will support the delivery of a range of projects across a wide range of sectors.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Computer literate.
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
• attention to detail and demonstrated initiative.
• Strong technical ability in all aspects of Mechanical Engineering Services & Design
• Third level diploma / degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
• 9-10 Years Relevant experience, ideally in a design consultancy environment
• Knowledge & experience of current CIBSE an Ashrae Design Guides, Building Regulations, EN Standards and IEC Standards
• Experience in Hevacomp, AutoCAD and MS Office Suite Software
• Experience of client, vendor & contractor interaction & management
• Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team
• Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Lead Engineering Design and Design Management tasks on Projects as part of an integrated project team
• Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
• Design and specification of Mechanical Engineering Solutions to current regulations and design standards
Duties will include assisting with the following:
• Working directly with clients and project engineers to define project requirements and develop technical solutions
• Develop and agree design processes and design deliverables
• Lead Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including, design development, construction details, services coordination, technical submittals, sub-contracts, etc
• Provide technical support to the estimating, procurement, commercial, and project bid teams
• Provide off site technical support to construction teams on projects
The successful candidate will receive:
• A completive salary
• Working closely with senior Staff Managers / Directors
• Opportunity to progress your careeer within OCSC
• Actively promote external learning with relevant professional bodies (IEI/CIBSE)
• Active Sports & Social Clubs
• Flexible working hours
Apply with Cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org