Career Opportunity: Senior Mechanical Engineer – Mechanical or Building Services
The position Senior Mechanical Engineer would suit a motivated, practical and adaptable individual who has the ambition to work in a progressive and innovative design consultancy. The post holder will support the delivery of a range of projects across a wide range of sectors.
OSCS M&E work on a wide range of projects including healthcare, education, retail, hotels, residential, student accommodation, residential care, public entertainment, utility projects, civil projects and many more. We also have a strong sustainability section within the group. We continuously support our engineers to develop their expertise in this field of engineering.
OCSC M&E has exciting opportunities for Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team. The position Senior Mechanical Engineer would suit a motivated, practical and adaptable individual who has the ambition to work in a progressive and innovative design consultancy. The post holder will support the delivery of a range of projects across a wide range of sectors.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Computer literate.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- attention to detail and demonstrated initiative.
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Mechanical Engineering Services & Design
- Third level diploma / degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- 9-10 Years Relevant experience, ideally in a design consultancy environment
- Knowledge & experience of current CIBSE an Ashrae Design Guides, Building Regulations, EN Standards and IEC Standards
- Experience in Hevacomp, AutoCAD and MS Office Suite Software
- Experience of client, vendor & contractor interaction & management
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead Engineering Design and Design Management tasks on Projects as part of an integrated project team
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Design and specification of Mechanical Engineering Solutions to current regulations and design standards
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE ASSISTING WITH THE FOLLOWING
- Working directly with clients and project engineers to define project requirements and develop technical solutions
- Develop and agree design processes and design deliverables
- Lead Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including, design development, construction details, services coordination, technical submittals, sub-contracts, etc
- Provide technical support to the estimating, procurement, commercial, and project bid teams
- Provide off site technical support to construction teams on projects
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE
- A competitive salary
- Working closely with senior Staff Managers / Directors
- Opportunity to progress your career within OCSC
- Actively promote external learning with relevant professional bodies (IEI/CIBSE)
- Active Sports & Social Clubs
- Flexible working hours
Apply with CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com