Career Opportunity: Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant, Dublin
Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant
OCSC Company profile
OCSC work on a wide range of projects including healthcare, education, retail, hotels, residential, student accommodation, residential care, public entertainment, utility projects, civil projects and many more. We continuously support our engineers and scientists to develop their expertise and we are proud to be a CPD accredited employer with Engineers Ireland.
OCSC has an exciting opportunity for a Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant to join our Environmental Division in Dublin. The position would suit a motivated, practical and adaptable individual who has the ambition to work in an established, progressive and innovative multidisciplinary consultancy. The post holder will support the delivery of a range of projects across a wide range of sectors.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with attention to detail, accuracy and demonstrated initiative.
- Previous experience of undertaking Phase 1 and Phase 2 assessments; GQRA and DQRA experience preferable.
- Experience in completing waste characterization assessments, environmental monitoring and site investigations.
- Strong technical ability.
- 8+ Years Relevant experience, ideally in a consultancy environment
- Knowledge of Irish and UK environmental legislation, best practice and standards is required.
- Candidate must be proficient in report writing and Microsoft packages. Knowledge of environmental software packages and environmental field equipment is preferable.
- Experience of client & contractor interaction & engagement.
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Full drivers license an advantage.
- Chartered status or professional membership of a relevant professional body is desirable.
- A relevant geo-environmental degree in Environmental Engineering/Science, Geotechnical Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology or similar is required with a Masters qualification preferable.
Key areas of Responsibility
- As part of this role, you will be required to project manage and write up a variety of Phase 1 and Phase 2 site investigations.
- Undertake Environmental Assessments and assist in Environmental Impact Assessment Reports.
- Supervision of field-based ground investigation works as programme requires.
- Devise sampling plans for environmental programmes, waste management characterization projects, oversee the completion of site work, coordinate site staff, liaise with laboratories and subcontractors and ensure that all work is completed to the highest standard.
- Attending design team or site meetings as required.
- Collaborate with other design team members.
- Ensure that all work is completed to current regulations and standards.
- Mentor and provide training as required to colleagues.
Duties will include assisting with the following
- Working closely with colleagues and design team members on different elements for major projects.
- Co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines.
- Attending meetings and communicating with clients.
- Preparing proposals and tracking budgets.
- Business Development.
- A competitive salary.
- OCSC are a CPD accredited employer and employees are offered a tailored professional and personal development plan to grow your career.
- Opportunity to progress your career within OCSC.
- Actively promote external learning with relevant professional bodies.
- Active Sports & Social Clubs.
- Flexible working hours.
All applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency assistance not required