O’Connor Sutton Cronin were appointed as the civil/structural designers for the proposed Marlbrook development on the grounds of the Marlfield Estate, Co. Tipperary. The development, which is being carried out by Marlfield Property Developments, is located west of Marlfield Village. The development includes proposals for a new 150 bedroom hotel, 18-hole championship golf course, club house and approximately 150 houses.
The scope of services includes:
• The provision of all drainage, roads, landscape, civil and structural design services.
• Design co-ordination works and project management of golf course.
• Project management, contract administration and quantity surveying services on all infrastructural elements.
• Review of tenders and contract negotiation.
• Realignment of the existing L3216 and development of a new priority junction and roundabout. (approx 1.5 km)
• Design and development of 3 No. foul sewer pump stations to service the proposed development and the village of
Marlfield with associated 3km of rising main, in conjunction with developers and South Tipperary County Council / Clonmel Borough Council.
• A pedestrian culvert 4.2m wide x 3.2m high by 25m long.
• Storm water attenuation ponds and wetlands which form golf course landscape features.
• Internal roads and services.
• Provision of a broad band and connection and gas main from the development to Clonmel.
• ESB, Eircom and water main diversions.
• 150,000m3 of bulk earthworks for the golf course construction.
• Project Management of Archaeology/Ecology/Hydrogeology services.
• Provision of water supply network to serve the Golf course irrigation system.