OCSC were appointed by the McGee Group as Code for Sustainable Homes (CfSH), BREEAM assessors and SAP assessors for the mixed use development located at Goswell Road development in Islington, London.
The CfSH assessment for the 60 residential apartments targeted a Code level 4 while the BREEAM assessment for the ground floor commercial area targeted a BREEAM excellent.
As part of our role on the project OCSC also acted as energy consultants carrying out the SAP calculations for the Apartments and SBEM calculations for the Commercial element. This role also involved assistance in the M&E design specification, analysis of all applicable renewable technologies and the selection the most cost effective solution, sanitary ware selection specifying low consumption fittings within the apartments.
Sustainable Design aspects included:
• 20% reduction in CO2 emissions via on-site renewable technology
• Central energy centre which utilises CHP for heat and domestic hot water
• Selection of Environmentally friendly materials and internal finishes
• Building constructed on previously developed land
• Low energy lighting utilized throughout the development.
• Low NOx Technologies utilized for heating supplies.
• Exceeding current best practice standard for construction including 90% of construction waste recycled.