O’Connor Sutton Cronin were appointed by Bennett Construction Ltd as the BREEAM assessors for Hotel located on the site at the junction of Lavington Street and Great Suffolk Street London SE1.
The site is located in close proximity to Southwark tube station and is a short walk from Waterloo Station. The building is 9 storeys above basement and will provide 4808 m2 of accommodation. The hotel will contain 122 bedrooms from 1st floor upwards. The ground floor will contain ancillary restaurant and office accommodation and plant will be located at basement and at roof level.
The client for the project is UK’s leading hospitality company ‘Whitbread’ in association with its development partner ‘Jansons Property’.
The building targeted a BREEAM Very Good rating under the BREEAM Whitbread scheme and achieved this target via some of the notable sustainable features listed :
• Highly insulated structure
• The use of Low/Zero Carbon technologies including CHP and High efficiency VRF
• Dynamic thermal modelling for heating and cooling loads
• Using Previously developed land
• Low consumption sanitary fittings
• Excellent recycling strategy utilised during the construction process and on-going operation of the Hotel
• Adjacent transport network
• Stringent materials selection policy including sourcing of materials