Career Opportunity – Structural Engineer, Dublin
OCSC are currently seeking a Structural Engineer for our Dublin Head Office.
We are Ireland’s leading indigenous multidisciplinary engineering design consultancy. OCSC are ISO 9001/14001 and OHSAS 18001 accredited. We are also an Approved CPD Employer by Engineers Ireland.
Projects include healthcare, education, retail, hotels, residential, student accommodation, residential care, public entertainment, utility projects, civil projects and many more.
OCSC has an opportunity for a Structural Design Engineer. The position would suit a motivated, practical and adaptable individual who has the ambition to work in a progressive and innovative design consultancy. The position will support the delivery of a range of projects.
- Undertake structural design elements for projects to current regulations and design standards.
- Work closely with principal designers to lead Structural Engineering Design
- Manage the production of drawings and reports
- Co-ordinate work with engineers of other disciplines
- Attend meetings with architects and contractors to establish their needs
- Assist the project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines
- Prepare engineering calculations.
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Structural Design.
- QQI Level 8 or 9 Qualification in an accredited Structural or Civil Engineering programme
- Minimum of 6-7 yrs relevant experience, ideally in a design consultancy environment
- Knowledge & experience of current EN Standards, and Irish Building Regulations.
- Experience in structural analysis and design software, such as SCIA, Civil 3D and Tekla.
- Experience of client & contractor interaction & engagement
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multi-disciplinary project team
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- A competitive salary
- Working closely with senior Staff Managers / Directors
- Opportunity to progress your career.
- A modern progressive workplace.
- Active Sports & Social Clubs
- Flexible working hours
Apply with CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com