OCSC have an immediate requirement for a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Control Engineer for our Dublin office, with the job role located in Limerick, South West Ireland. The position is site based with an attractive package.
OCSC is a recognised ‘Great Place to Work’ and is a ‘CPD Approved Employer’ by Engineers Ireland. We were awarded the KeepWell mark accreditation earlier this year, acknowledging that OCSC has the best practice Wellbeing policies and procedures in place.
The job role shall comprise the measurement and preparation of interim valuations for a major engineering project.
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project.
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation.
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly.
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project.
- Measure and value the work done on site on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of payment recommendations and certificates
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals,
- Assist in Cost Value Reconciliation.
The successful applicant must have the following requirements.
- A recognized qualification in either Quantity Surveying or Engineering.
- Have previous experience in a similar role.
- Have knowledge and or experience of various methods of measurement.
- Be proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Have an excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years’ experience preparing tenders and managing works.
- Knowledge and experience in PWC Contract forms and MMRW.
- Life insurance
- Flexible working
- Wellness Programme
- Death in Service
SUBMIT YOUR CV HERE
or reply with CV & Cover letter to email@example.com