OCSC are currently recruiting a Resident Structural Engineer for a project located in the Wexford area, for approximately 24 months.
The Resident Structural Engineer shall ensure works are constructed in accordance with the Employer’s Representative’s requirements and that the Contractor carries out all obligations.
- Supervision and associated administration of all civil related construction works on site.
- Supervision of structural work requirements and instructions from the Employer’s Representative (ER), Design Team, and Local Authority etc.
- Monitor, measure, inspect and report on works being carried out to the Employer’s Requirements.
- Assist the Employer’s Representative in Technical and Contractual matters.
- Prepare regular site progress reports in conjunction with other site Resident Staff regarding Quality and Programme.
- Monitor the Contractor’s works for compliance with the Safety Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 and related legislation.
- Review of Method Statements and Contractor’s Engineering works proposals to ensure compliance with the Works Requirements.
- Keep and maintain comprehensive records/diary of work in progress and report on same.
The successful applicant must have the following requirements.
- A degree in Structural Engineering.
- Have previous experience in a similar role.
- Hold membership of a relevant professional institution.
- Must have good knowledge and awareness of H&S legislation and regulations.
- Have knowledge and experience of current forms of contracts, and EN Standards.
- Be proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Have an excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years relevant experience with 4 years relevant on site.
- Knowledge and experience in Contract forms, and Construction techniques.
- Life insurance
- Flexible working
- Wellness Programme
- Death in Service
SUBMIT YOUR CV HERE
Or reply with your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org