OCSC are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer based in Dublin.
OCSC work on a wide range of projects including healthcare, education, retail, hotels, residential, student accommodation, residential care, public entertainment, utility projects, civil projects and many more. We also have a strong sustainability section within the group. We continuously support our engineers to develop their expertise in this field of engineering.
OCSC M&E has exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer. The position would suit a motivated, practical and adaptable individual who has the ambition to work in a progressive and innovative design consultancy. The post holder will support the delivery of a range of projects across a wide range of sectors.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead Engineering Design and Design Management tasks on Projects as part of an integrated project team
- Design and specification of Electrical Engineering Solutions to current regulations and design standards
- Work directly with clients and project engineers to define project requirements and develop technical solutions.
- Lead Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including, design development, construction details, services coordination, technical submittals, sub-contracts, etc.
- Provide technical support to the estimating, procurement, commercial, and project bid teams
- Provide off site technical support to construction teams on projects
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Electrical Engineering Services & Design
- Third level diploma / degree in Electrical or Building Services Engineering
- 10 yrs + relevant experience, ideally in a design consultancy environment
- Knowledge & experience of CIBSE an Ashrae Design Guides, Building Regs, EN Standards and IEC Standards.
- Experience in Dialux & Amtech.
- Experience of client, vendor & contractor interaction & management.
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team.
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy.
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE
- A competitive salary
- Working closely with senior Staff Managers / Directors
- Opportunity to progress your career.
- A modern progressive workplace.
- Active Sports & Social Clubs
- Flexible working hours
or apply with CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org