OCSC, Ireland’s leading Multidisciplinary Consultancy are currently recruiting a Senior Drainage Engineer in their Dublin Office.
Your role is to assist in establishing OCSC as a centre of excellence, to achieve turnover and profit margins as per the business plan.
You will be part of a management team that will strive to produce integrated, holistic and sustainable design solutions.
You shall be experienced in the design of sustainable drainage systems, wastewater networks, water distribution systems, hydrological studies, and flood risk management.
You shall be responsible for leading a team, managing project delivery and quality.
You must be able to work closely with public clients across a range of projects within the civils sector.
The Senior Drainage Engineer should meet the following minimum requirements.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a design environment.
- Experience designing drainage systems with first-hand knowledge of the IW Codes of Practice, CIRIA C753 and the GDSDS.
- Experience assessing Flood Risk in accordance with The Planning System and Flood Risk Management as published by OPW.
- Hold a recognised Batchelor of Engineering Degree (FETAC Level 8).
- Be progressing toward Chartership status.
- Have a keen interest in sustainable civil infrastructure design.
- Be proficient in the use of Micro Drainage and Autodesk Civil 3D.
- The ability to communicate design intent and philosophy to allied team members and non-technical interested parties.
- Experience leading projects from inception through the design process.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
In addition to the above, the Senior Drainage Engineer must have experience and be competent in the following.
- Have a strong desire to lead projects and be accountable for their success.
- Familiarity with Irish planning processes.
- Excellent written communication and proficient in technical report writing.
- A formal qualification in Project Management.
- Attained Chartered Engineer Status.
- Have a track record of successful client facing roles.
- Have experience in Flood Risk Assessments and Flood Alleviation Schemes.
- Strong knowledge of Sustainable Drainage Systems and best practice.
- Experience liaising with Clients on the implementation of the sequential approach to undertaking a justification test in an SSFRA.
- A strong ability in the use and manipulation of GIS information.
- Experience in Culvert sizing and hydraulic modelling.
- Procurement, tender assessment, and supervision experience.
- Experience in AutoCAD drafting and specifications.
- Knowledge of Revit or similar BIM packages.
- Involvement in a professional institution i.e., IEI, ICE.
- Experience in the use of Civil 3D, MicroDrainage, MS Office.
PARTICIPANTS SHALL RECEIVE:
- A competitive salary and package
- Work closely with Senior Associates / Staff Managers and Directors
- Opportunity to progress your career within OCSC
- Actively promote external learning with relevant professional bodies
- Ongoing accredited CPD Program
SUBMIT YOUR CV HERE
Or reply with your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org