OCSC have an immediate requirement for a Senior Structural Engineer in our Dublin office. The position is office based with flexible working hours along with an attractive package.
You will have an opportunity to work in a modern people centred workplace, with a calm clean welcoming workplace environment which is essential to everyone’s wellbeing, allowing all OCSC staff to meet their ambitions and feel connected to the company ethos.
OCSC is a recognised ‘Great Place to Work’ and is a ‘CPD Approved Employer’ by Engineers Ireland. We were awarded the KeepWell mark accreditation earlier this year, acknowledging that OCSC has the best practice Wellbeing policies and procedures in place.
Lead the project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines.
- Attend meetings with architects and contractors to establish needs.
- Lead structural design for major projects
- Lead the production of calculations, drawings and reports.
- Provide technical guidance to project team.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff.
- Site Inspections & BCAR Inspections & coordination
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A recognised degree in Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years structural design experience in the Irish/UK Construction Market
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Understanding of engineering principles and materials including concrete, steel
- Experience of undertaking steel and concrete design to Eurocodes, Irish Building Regulations, Codes of Practice and Technical Standards.
- Proficiency in Structural Engineering design software such as AutoCAD, Revit /ROBOT
- Good planning, organisation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A ‘can do’ attitude with commitment to excellent customer service.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Up to date with continuous developments in Structural Engineering.
DESIRIABLE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A Master’s degree in Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Own transport
OCSC is Ireland’leading multidisciplinary Engineering Consultancy . OCSC is an ‘Approved CPD Employer’ by Engineers Ireland and has recently been awarded the ‘Keepwell Mark’.
- Structural Design
- Chartered Engineer
- Report Writing
PARTICIPANTS SHALL RECEIVE:
A competitive salary and package inclusive of:
- Flexible working
- Sickness Scheme
- Professional Memberships
- Service Holidays
- Life Insurance (Death in Service)
- Chartership Programme
- Lunch and Learn CPD