We are seeking a Senior Civil Drainage Engineer who specialises in the design of sustainable drainage systems, wastewater networks, water distribution systems, hydrological studies and flood risk management. The role will be located in our Dublin office and shall be hybrid working three days in the office and two days at home.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a design environment.
- Experience designing drainage systems knowledge of the IW Codes of Practice, CIRIA C753 and the GDSDS.
- Experience assessing Flood Risk in accordance with The Planning System and Flood Risk as per the OPW.
- A recognised Bachelor of Engineering Degree (FETAC Level 8)
- Be progressing toward Chartership Status.
- Have a keen interest in sustainable civil infrastructure design.
- Be proficient in the use of Drainage modelling software e.g. Micro Drainage and AutoDesk Civil 3D.
- The ability to communicate design intent and philosophy to team members and non-technical interested parties.
- Experience leading projects from inception through the design process.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
In addition to the above, will have some of the following:
- Have a strong desire to lead projects and be accountable for their success.
- Familiarity with Irish planning processes.
- Excellent written communication and report writing skills,
- A formal qualification in Project Management.
- Attained Chartered Engineer Status.
- Have a track record of successful client facing roles.
- Have experience in Flood Risk Assessments and Flood Alleviation Schemes.
- Strong knowledge of Sustainable Drainage Systems and best practice.
- Experience with Clients on the sequential approach to undertaking a justification test in an SSFRA.
- A strong ability in the use and manipulation of GIS information.
- Experience in Culvert Sizing and hydraulic modelling.
- Procurement, tender assessment and supervision experience.
- Experience in AutoCAD Drafting and specifications.
- Knowledge of Revit, or similar BIM packages.
- Involvement in a professional institution.
PARTICIPANTS SHALL RECEIVE
A competitive salary and package inclusive of:
- Flexible working
- Sickness Scheme
- Professional Memberships
- Service Holidays
- Life Insurance (Death in Service)
- Chartership Programme
- Lunch and Learn CPD