OCSC have an immediate requirement for a Structural Engineer in our Dublin office. The position is office based with flexible working hours along with an attractive package.
You will have an opportunity to work in a modern people centred workplace, with a calm clean welcoming workplace environment which is essential to everyone’s wellbeing, allowing all OCSC staff to meet their ambitions and feel connected to the company ethos.
OCSC is a recognised ‘Great Place to Work’ and is a ‘CPD Approved Employer’ by Engineers Ireland. We were awarded the KeepWell mark accreditation earlier this year, acknowledging that OCSC has the best practice Wellbeing policies and procedures in place.
- Design and specify elements for major projects.
- Work closely with principal designers.
- Assist in the production of calculations, drawings and reports.
- Attend meetings with architects and contractors.
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- A recognised qualification in Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- 3 – 5+ years structural design experience in the Irish/UK construction market working on buildings
- Strong analytical knowledge and understanding of engineering principles.
- Experience of undertaking steel and concrete design to Eurocodes, Irish Building Regulations, Codes of Practice and Technical Standards.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- Ability to quickly develop successful relationships with architects and contractors.
- Structural Engineering design software such as Tekla Structural Designer, TEDDS, SCIA/ROBOT, AutoCAD, Revit
- Good planning, organisation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A ‘can do’ attitude with commitment to excellent customer service.
Desirable Skills & Knowledge
- A Master’s degree in Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered or approaching Chartered Engineer status.
OCSC is Irelands’ leading multidisciplinary Engineering Consultancy is an approved ‘CPD Employer’ by Engineers Ireland and has recently been awarded the ‘Keepwell Mark’.
Life Insurance (DIS)
SUBMIT YOUR CV HERE
or reply with your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org